This morning was crazy. It didn't get crazy until after I drove away from my parking space on Pine right out side the QFC, where I usually eat my cereal and observe the on goers. As I drove away and turned left onto Broadway I noticed a 90'ish grean Honda Accord with tinted windows scurrying away from the corner gas station with a young unshaven man decently dressed in posse-like swag holding onto the in motion car yelling STOP! STOP! Stop that car! He's got my shit! STOP! And I was driving right by this and I slowed down and reduced the volume of the radio for I could get a better understanding of what was going on and I saw the car drive away, got away from the man and speed off and turned right on Pike. I was going straight and had stopped at the light but I thought, dude I'm gonna follow this car and see where it goes. So I jumped into the action and was doing my service to help because I saw this shit go down. I can't just let it go. Besides it was like 7:30am and I still had time before I had to be at the shop.
So I see where this car is going and I follow and am now in pursuit. So I'm on Pike then we bust a right a block east of Broadway and then he notices me following him so he pulls over to the side of the road and I roll up next to him. He rolls down the window and he's an African-American fellow with long dreadlocks and a mean-muggin-ass-grill and I ask, "Hey, you all right, man?" He replies, "Yeah, I'm cool. That guy tried to steal my shit." So I said alright cool man then drove away and back on track to Broadway.
As I come back to take a right to go North on Broadway, I see the guy who got jacked, I roll down the window and ask if that guy just stole his car. He said no no, but he did drive away with his ipod and digital camera and something else. So I was thinking yo let's go follow him, but before I really said anything the dude asks if we could go follow the car I was like sure dude hop in. He mentioned he would give me $50 if we catch this guy. I didn't catch his name until later, but we'll just call him Jimeny. So Jimeny gets in and we bolt back around the block and start to follow this car. Jimeny explains what happened and it was someone who gave him a ride and wanted more money from Jimeny, but Jimeny refused to pay and offered to check his bag in the trunk to see if he had anything more to offer for compensation but before he could get the bag, driver sped off with the bag still in the trunk.
We're driving up Madison or something and we're chasing after this Honda, we see the vehicle and he eventually turns right on 23rd, the I pull over to the left and get in front of these other cars and I go right on 23rd then we see the Honda take a left on a street coming up, and we follow onto that street but we don't see him anywhere as the abiding surroundings become very neighborhood like with small streets and lots of little houses and cars. We drive around and turn and go back a little bit, but there's no sign of that green Honda.
Jimeny says fuck it and we roll back to city market where I drop him off. He kinda was sniffling a lot and acted kind of weird and shady. I think he was on the drugs. He made a phone call using my cell phone. He said he had some dope in his bag and he would of broke me off some. But he handed me a ten dollar bill and said take it man, thanks for trying. Or he said something mumbly, remember he was on drugs and didn't make a whole lot of sense. Only a dumb idiot on drugs would get themselves into a stupid predicament where someone jacks your shit anyway.
I did my community service today. Jeepers
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment